PNG Full Form: Friends, you will be storing images in your smartphone and computer and the photos you click from your smartphone are mostly saved in JPG format. And apart from this, you must have also seen images of PNG format.
You must have noticed that images with PNG format have a slightly higher size and also have good quality. So guys do you know what PNG is? What is PNG Full Form in computer? If not, don’t worry, in this article, we are going to give you all the information about PNG File Format.
PNG Full Form – What is the Full Form of PNG?
The full form of PNG is ” Portable Network Graphics”. PNG is a Raster Graphic File Format. And this is a Lossless Bitmap Image Format. The PNG File Format allows us to remove the background of the image and save the image with the Transparent Background.
Friends, since PNG is a lossless format, when you compress it, even after being compressed, the quality of Edge’s and the overall image looks quite good.
Graphic Softwares mainly use Checkered Background to show that the image’s background is transparent. Whenever an image appears on Google with a checkered background, it means that the image is in PNG Format with Transparent Background.
How does PNG work?
PNG uses DEFLATE. Which is a Lossless Data Compression File Format that includes a combination of LZ77 and Huffman Coding.
Data is converted with a Prediction method before DEFLATE is implemented. Single filter method is used for the entire image. Whereas a filter type is chosen to transform the data for each image line to make the data more efficiently compressible.
When should PNG format be used?
PNG Format is designed for Web Graphics and is used exclusively for things like Logo, Graphics, Illustration, and Graphs.
The quality of the image is seen better in JPG as compared to JPG, so you can use it for high-quality images, but its size is slightly larger.
Especially any text photos that you want to be able to read with Zoom easily, you can save such photos in PNG Format. In this, you will get to see the quality of the photo better and you will be able to easily read the text written in the photo.
Advantages Of PNG File
- Even after compressing, the quality of the image remains good.
- PNG Image is not copyrighted in any way. It is absolutely free.
- PNG image can be saved with Transparent Background.
- A PNG file supports many colors.
- PNG File is suitable for Digital Images as well as Photographs and Graphics.
Disadvantages of png file
- Because of the large size of PNG files, more storage is used to store them.
- PNG File does not support Format Animation.
- Not all browsers have PNG support.
What is the difference between PNG and JPG?
- Full Form of PNG file is Portable Network Graphics.
- PNG is Lossless Data Format.
- High-quality images can be seen in PNG format.
- PNG images have a larger size than JPG.
- PNG Format supports Transparent Background.
- PNG format is mostly used in Logo Design.
- .Png Extention is used in PNG Format.
- Full Form of JPG is Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG).
- JPG is Lossy Data Format.
- Some low-quality images can be seen in JPG Format.
- The size of JPG Images is smaller than that of PNG.
- JPG Format does not support Transparent Background.
- JPG format is mostly used in photography.
- JPG Format uses .jpeg and .jpg Extention.
Who is the Creator of the PNG File Format?
The PNG File Format was developed around 1995 by an Internet working group led by Thomas Boutell.
Friends, in this article, we have tried to give complete information about PNG File Format and PNG Full Form in Computer.
we also learned how PNG works. And Advantages Of PNG – When To Use PNG Damage And PNG Format? Also, what is the difference between PNG and JPG?
We hope that you have got to learn something new from this article and hope you have liked this article