This quote is from Walt Disney and, according to legend, he said it on his deathbed. The idea for Disneyland had been in his head for a long time, he wanted to achieve these big goals – but there was no planning and no concrete proposals. A reporter at his hospital bed asked why he was really planning something as risky as an amusement park – after all, Disney was an animation studio.
And besides, he is so sick that he will never see it and therefore does not know whether it can even be built and successfully implemented. His answer was very short and simple and gives you inspiration on how you too can achieve your goals:
I’ve seen it! In my dreams! And it was very nice and it works! If you can dream it you can do it too!
Incidentally, after his death, his family found very specific records and drawings of the ideas of what his Disneyland should look like.
What time do you actually live in?
Every well-run company regularly takes stock and defines goals for the future. For your successful self-management, too, you should deal with the personal results and perspectives and consider which goals you would like to achieve. Many people like to deal with the past, but most of them have not set specific goals for the future, some even refuse to do so and do not concern themselves with their future. You live heavily in the past or are too preoccupied with the problems of the present.
The feasibility decides whether you will achieve your goals
Top athletes, top companies and successful people have one thing in common. They are united by the irrepressible and unconditional will to be successful or to keep the top position they have achieved. You know your goals, you always give everything to achieve them and you always achieve top performance. Anyone who wants to be or remain successful in the future has to develop further and constantly face new questions and challenges. The feasibility determines the success of your planning. You know, in the end, it is the result that counts.
For your future, keep an eye on the past
But in order to be successful, to remain successful and to achieve your own goals, again and again, it is important to take your own future in hand and plan. The past is part of us and can definitely help shape the future!
My tip for your planning:
- How was the past year?
– What went well?
- How successful were you in implementing and achieving your own goals?
– Are you standing where you want to stand?
- What does being successful mean to you?
- What exactly can you learn from last year?
- And what exactly are you planning for the next year?
– Which goals, wishes and needs are important to you?
– Write down what you want (and not what you don’t want)
– Plan in writing and love these goals in order to achieve them
– Use the SMART rule, because goals have to be SMART
- What should you start in the next year in order to achieve your goals in the following years?
The time “between the years” is a good time to think about the past year and your personal goals. How far are you with your plans?
Walt Disney Quotes to inspire you in achieving your goals
- If you can dream it you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.
- You reach a point where you don’t work for money.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work — then try to trump it.
- A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.