Today transportation of CNG gas is being carried out in many countries. To promote this, the government is making people aware, its distribution is also being done very fast.
It is being presented as an alternative, you can use it in place of petrol, diesel, and gas used in the kitchen. It does not harm the environment more than the products. On this page, information about the full form of CNG is being given.
What is the full form of CNG?
The full form of CNG is Compressed Natural Gas. This gas is lighter than air, and it is considered safer than fuel. CNG spreads less pollution as CO2, CO, NOx than petrol. The first CNG vehicle was invented in the United States.
After the Second World War, Italy and other European countries accepted CNG as the primary fuel. It is secured in very spherical or cylindrical containers at a pressure of 20–25 MPa, after which it is distributed.
Main Components and Manufacturing of CNG Gas
Talking about the structure of CNG, it contains reactive hydrocarbons 70% and nitrogen oxides 85%. And this is the reason that it is colorless, odorless, toxin-free. Whereas all other fuels contain toxic substances like lead, sulfur. Somewhere they harm our atmosphere.
Oil Deposits, Landfills, and Wastewater Treatment Plants are used to collect this natural gas. And the natural gas collected from here is compressed to Methane CH4 and filled at a pressure of 20–25 MPa (3000–3600 Psi) inside a particular type of Spherical or Cylindrical cylinder. CNG is mainly composed of three components methane, propane, and ethane. Is made. And the most important methane in it is CH4.
This gas is 40% lighter than air. When it leaks in the open air, it moves upwards from the air. Its nature is Non-Toxic, that is, there is no harm to anyone due to its hearing in the open air.
Properties of CNG(Quality of CNG)
- 40% Lighter Than Air
- High ignition temperature
CNG benefits (Benefits of CNG)
- CNG provides a high auto-ignition temperature of 540 ° C or more.
- CNG lubricant further enhances the quality of the oil as it does not contaminate and dilute the crankcase oil.
- The cost of maintenance of a CNG vehicle is very less as compared to vehicles running on petrol and diesel.
- CNG gas is more environmentally friendly than diesel and petrol.
- CNG emits less undesirable and harmful gases than diesel and petrol.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CNG AND LPG
Often, many people do not understand the difference between CNG and LPG. Here the differences between CNG and LPG are explained in some easy steps.
- CNG means Compressed Natural Gas is rich in methane gas. LPG contains a mixture of propane, butane, and other gases.
- CNG is in the gaseous state even under extreme pressure, but LPG changes to a liquid state due to excessive pressure.
- CNG is mainly used as fuel for vehicles while LPG is used in domestic operations.
- CNG has 9 MJ per liter of energy while LPG has 25 MJ per liter of energy.
- The density of CNG is lower than LGP. Three times more LPG can be filled inside a similar type of cylinder than CNG.
- CNG is lighter than air and when it leaks, it rises upwards. While LPG this air is heavier than BE. In the event of its leakage, it spreads on the floor and a small fire can cause it to explode.
So friends today, in this article, we have come to know the CNG full form in English. If you liked this post of our CNG Full Form: What is the full form of CNG? then do share.